My Rules for Online Safety
Back To My
Rules for Online Safety
- I will not give out personal information such as my address,
telephone number, parents work address/telephone number, or the name and location
of my school without my parents permission.
- I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information
that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- If someone sends me something that makes me feel uncomfortable,
I wont respond, and I I will leave that area right away and tell my
parents so that they can contact the online service or cyber911.
- I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet"
online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the
meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my mother or
- I will never send a person my picture or anything else without
first checking with my parents.
- I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules
for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online,
the length of time I can be online, and appropriate areas for me to visit.
- I wont open or accept e-mail's, files, links, URLs,
or other things from people I don't really know or trust.
- I wont give out my password to anyone but my parents
or guardian - not even to my best friend.
- I will not access other areas or break these rules without
Top of Page